The Drop-In REOPENS SEP 22ND 2021
The FODI Drop- In is run every Wednesday from 12 – 3pm at St Mary’s Parish Hall, 28- 29 Bridge st, Sunderland , SR1 1TQ.
- chat over a cup of tea, socialise, make friends and play pool, table tennis, dominoes etc
- have access to the internet for email, skype and other essentials
- register for tickets to see Sunderland AFC ( when available)
- register for our free gym/swim scheme and find out about other sporting opportunities
- learn about free English classes run by Action Language and Chris Howson at the Interfaith Centre
- get free haircuts from barbering students at Sunderland College
- register for free trips to places of local interest
- receive donated clothes, food, toiletries etc ( when available)
- get a hot meal cooked by our members every 2 weeks in the winter months and snacks ,fruit etc all year round
- register for a donated bicycle ( when available)
The Drop- In is also attended and supported by many other partner agencies, so asylum seekers and refugees can access:
- legal advice from Newcastle Law Centre and Brar & Co.
- advice on health and well being from the ‘Live Life Well’ team and stop smoking from ICOS
- the British Red Cross who help some people with their cases and operate a tracing service for those who have lost touch with their families
- the Tyne and Wear Fire service for advice on fire prevention
- help in contacting housing services and be referred to supported housing through Action Foundation
- support from FODI volunteers to help resolve some of the day to day problems experienced by asylum seekers and refugees
- advice from the community engagement officer at Northumbria Police
- MESMAC in Newcastle ,which supports our LGBT members
There are also many others who support the Drop-In and who give FODI and our members their valuable time and expertise.
To download the Drop in leaflet click here: front of leaflet